Many people suffer from ear infections, especially children. There are many causes for ear infections such as bacteria, a virus, or improper fluid drainage. Ear infections can be very painful. They often require a visit to a physician and a prescription for antibiotics. However, sometimes it is better to treat ear infections naturally.
Below are 5 natural remedies for ear infections:
- Olive Oil: Olive oil has several healing properties. One of them is being an anti-inflammatory. Warm a few drops of olive oil and place it in the ear. It will soothe and reduce the inflammation and help reduce the infection.
- Onion Juice: Onions are a natural antibiotic and anti-inflammatory. Simply place two drops of onion juice in each ear to reduce the infection, pain, and inflammation.
- Warm Compress: A warm compress placed against the ear for 10 minutes will help to relieve pressure and allow the infection to begin to drain properly. Continue using warm compresses 3-4 times a day until the infection has cleared.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: Hydrogen peroxiolive de is a natural cleansing agent and has many antibacterial properties. Place several drops of hydrogen peroxide in the ear and allow it to foam. The natural foaming property will help rid the ear of the infection and flush it out of the ear canal.
- Mattress Elevation: Laying flat will often cause the Eustachian tubes to fill with fluid and become blocked. Elevating the mattress just a mere 45 degrees will help to elevate the head and allow the ears to drain naturally on their own.