Organic Chicken Quinoa Bowl
A well prepared organic chicken quinoa bowl is the perfect meal for the day. You can whip up this meal in your kitchen within a short time using readily available ingredients. Convenient, nutritious and delicious are what describe this classic meal. Cooking the meal involves using different spices and vegetables to achieve a wholesome meal. There are many different chicken quinoa recipes that you can use. Here are the guidelines to how you can make the organic chicken quinoa bowl using tasty chicken pan fried in olive oil, garlic and balsamic and topped with a salad.
– Boneless breast fillets or chicken thigh divided into 6 pieces, trimmed of fat and pounded to even thickness
– 1 tsp olive oil
-lemon juice (1/2 a lemon)
-1 tsp garlic (powder, or crushed clove garlic)
– 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
– 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
-dry lemon ½ cup boiled in chicken stock for added flavor until soft. (It takes about 15 minutes)
– Lemon juice from ½ lemons
-1/2 red onion thinly diced
– 200g grape tomatoes cut into halves
-6 cups or 200g cos lettuce cleaned and shredded
– 100g kalamata olives
-1/2 cup of continental parsley
– 50g Feta cheese
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
2tsp garlic olive oil
- Put olive oil in a non-stick pan and place on the stove then add balsamic vinegar, stock powder, and garlic powder and lemon juice. Add a few seconds add chicken fillets into the simmering mixture. Cook the chicken until it is crispy and golden brown on either side and evenly cooked. Get it away from heat and allow to cool for some time before slicing into small strips.
- Put all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until they are well mixed
- Mix the tomatoes, lettuce, olives, onions, parsley and feta in one big bowl. Top with quinoa and chicken slices and sprinkle the dressing over the dish. Mix lightly to allow the dressing cover all areas. Serve with lemon wedges.