Organic Chinese Chicken Salad
Learning how to cook a Chinese chicken salad is the best thing you can do for yourself this year especially if losing weight was your New Year resolution. This dish focuses on balancing between proteins and vegetables, therefore, creating a tasty food that is also healthy. The good thing about making the food at home is that you will be able to incorporate vegetables of your choice and make a healthier dish than that found in restaurants. Also, you will save money because the salad will cost you about $12 in a hotel for only a few pieces of chicken and ingredients that should not cost as much. In this modern age, it is easy to fall into the temptation of eating junk food all the time because of the many fast food stores that are opening every day near your home or office place. Beat the temptation by following this simple recipe to make a delicious organic Chinese chicken salad;
- 1 cup grilled, or baked chicken breast, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Ground pepper (one pinch)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- ¼ cup of reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- ¼ toasted almonds
- 3 green onions, diced
- 4 cups cilantro, diced
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 4 cups tricolor coleslaw mix
- 2 medium bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup shelled edamame beans prepared according to the package instructions and allowed to cool
- In a medium bowl, mix the dressing including the soy sauce, honey, ginger and rice vinegar.
- Put the chicken, carrots, coleslaw, edamame and bell pepper mix in a big bowl and heave to combine.
- Coat the salad with the dressing and then add the cilantro and mix it up again.
- Top it with toasted almonds, sesame seeds, and green onions if you want.
- Serve immediately or leave it in the fridge for about one hour for the best taste.