Runny Nose Natural Remedy
There are several things that can cause a runny nose: allergies, the common cold, a sinus infection and even sudden changes in the weather. Over-the-counter medicines can often have unpleasant side effects; so many individuals opt for natural remedies. These five options can help alleviate the discomfort of a runny nose safely and without unpleasant side effects.
Five Natural Remedies for a Runny Nose:
- Steam can be a safe, easy and effective remedy for your runny nose. Simply, hold your head over a bowl or pot of very hot water, with a towel over your head to trap the steam. Breathe in for about 10 minutes. Even taking a hot shower or bath works.
- Salt water is another easy effective remedy. Many people use a Neti pot twice a day. If the sensation of the Neti pot bothers you, simply use an eyedropper to put a few drops of salt water into your nose with your head tilted back. Inhale gently, and then blow your nose.
- Garlic is also a good remedy for a runny nose. You can chew on small pieces of garlic throughout the day or take a commercially prepared garlic capsule.
- Ginger can also provide relief from a runny nose. Simply chew a raw very small piece of ginger several times a day.
- Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory. You can purchase turmeric capsules or simply mix a teaspoon of turmeric in a glass of water or warm milk and consume.