Thyroid Natural Remedy
If you're one of the millions suffering from hypothyroidism, Hashimoto's disease, hyperthyroidism or Grave's disease, rest assured that there are natural remedies available to help aid in the function and recovery of a sluggish or overactive thyroid
Five Natural Remedies for The Thyroid:
- Ashwagandha is an herb that has been used in Chinese medicine for thousands of years. It helps support both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism by balancing out cortisol levels which contribute to adrenal fatigue and stress on your thyroid.
- Selenium, which is found in foods such as yellow fin tuna, spinach, and Brazil nuts, helps to balance the T4 hormone levels in your body. This is crucial to people who suffer from thyroid conditions as too much T4 can cause hyperthyroid symptoms and too little T4 creates a more sluggish thyroid.
- Vitamin B12 and Thiamine are two vitamins that naturally balance the hormones in your body, removing unneeded stress on your thyroid as it works overtime to balance the hormones itself. You can find these vitamins in foods such as eggs, fish, and cottage cheese.
- Leaky gut syndrome causes widespread inflammation in the body, most notably the thyroid. Avoid a leaky gut by cutting out gluten from your diet and adding in a probiotic. You can purchase probiotics at most health stores, but there are also foods that naturally contain probiotics such as greek yogurt with active cultures, coconut kefir, and cultured vegetables.
- Get rid of products that contain BPA, a dangerous chemical that has scientific studies showing that it disrupts your entire endocrine system, including your thyroid. Make sure all plastic you purchase is BPA free and never heat plastic in a microwave as it emits chemicals into your food. Stick to stainless steel or glass water bottles and dishes.