Ulcers Natural Remedies
Ulcers affect 1 out of every 10 Americans. Ulcers are painful and can reoccur over time if not treated. The buildup of stomach acids from rich and fatty foods, alcohol, caffeine, tobacco or stress can cause a hole in the lining of the stomach which can result in Peptic ulcers. Ulcers are normally treated with antibiotics, antacids or other medications; however, there are five natural remedies for relieving painful ulcers.
- Vitamin E: A dosage of 300 mg of vitamin E daily is highly effective in relieving ulcers in four to six days.
- Bananas: Unripe bananas are somewhat effective in the treatment of ulcers but for the best results, try banana powder. Banana powder, along with honey, three times a day can be an effective natural remedy.
- Honey: With two tablespoons a day of natural, unprocessed honey, ulcer treatment can be a sweet treat. Once the ulcer pain has eased, the daily dosage can be reduced to 1 tablespoon.
- Cabbage: Cabbage, high in lactic acid, is a great food to help prevent and heal ulcers. Drinking 50 mL of raw cabbage juice will also provide you with vitamin C which lowers gastric juice found in ulcer patients.
- Capsaicin: Some like it hot! Believe it or not, hot chili peppers do not cause gastric ulcers. Capsaicin decreases acid output in the stomach and acts as an antacid. Eat away because digesting capsaicin found in chili peppers and jalapenos help protect the lining of the stomach.